After the doubts, freedom.
City and date
- Banyoles, 2000
- percussions, drums, electric guitar, electric bass, diatonic accordion, cornamusa and piano
- Glimpses (2001)
- Banyoles, Municipal Theater March 23, 2002 Guitars: Francesc Ubanell Bass: Manel Vega Battery: Cidon Trindade Percussions: Enric Canada Accordion: Perepau Ximenis Piano: Paco Viciana
This work was created to represent the precise moment in which my brother Victor and his wife Emma sailed from the port of Barcelona to travel around the world on their ship "Vulcano", a trip that lasted 5 years of their life (1995-2000).
The first section of the piece represents the doubts before an enterprise so ambitious, to finish overcoming the fears and the reluctance and march directly to the horizon. Little by little, the silhouette of the ship gets lost, and we send them our best wishes. Good trip.
This is the original source of inspiration for the theme. But we could see in this struggle any other vital act in our lives that needs a spirit of self-improvement in order to achieve what we want. A symbolic theme of everything that holds us back and that must be overcome to carry out our deepest dreams.
Theme created expressly to incorporate it in the record work Glimpses of the year 2001.
Work included in the show Glimpses (2002)
- Guitars: Francesc Ubanell
- Bass: Manel Vega
- Drums: Cidon Trindade
- Percussions: Enric Canada
- Accordion and bagpipes: Perepau Ximenis
- Piano: Paco Viciana