1998-Love to life
Show and presentation of the CD published by Resistencia Ediciones LOVE TO LIFE from 1997, premiered in March 6, 1998, at the El Jardin Theatre of Figueres.
Love to life is a work created after viewing a BBC documentary called "The sea wolf, survival on the coast of the skeletons" of the series Natural World, a story about love and death between Hyenas in the west coast of Africa. An ode to life and hope.
As an anecdote, let me tell you that I am a great admirer of the work of american saxophonist Paul Winter, and once I financed the recording of the CD's work and had a valid product in my hands, I had the audacity to send it to him after finding out that in the back of his recordings that I had, there was a PO Box from New York, where I sent it.
Lofe to live show
Thinking that nothing would happen, but neither had nothing to lose, after some time I received a fax that left me in shock when I read it. It was a fax from Paul Winter who told me that he liked my work "Love to Life" and that he was going on tour through Spain and he wanted to meet me. And so it happenned, after a short time we met in Madrid after the concert he did in this city, and the next day we were invited to a friend's house in the same city so we could continue speaking with him and his musicians: Paul Halley, Glen Velez, Eugene Friesen and others, all of them were very nice to us and very great musicians. A big pleasure.
When the CD was edited by Resistencia Ediciones of Madrid, Paul Winter wanted to make his contribution and we incorporated in the CD the following sentence of him about my work: "Love to Life is an album of exquisite music from a superb young musician/composer and his colleagues. It is refreshing to hear instrumental music of such elegance. I imagine a very bright future for Paco Viciana".
LOVE TO LIFE (premiere)
- Love to life
- Looking for your beloved
- Playing in mother cave
- Life is born free
- Good bye, love
- The earth
- Mother tenderness
- Hope and longing
- The menace
- Renewing the cicle
Cd Love to life
- Oboe: Paco Castillo
- Double bass: Pere Coma
- Drums and percussion: Xavi Rodriguez
- Piano, flute and psalteri: Paco Viciana
- Lighting design: Josep Maria Perez
- Sound Design: Joan Trayter
- March 6, 1998, Figueres, El Jardí Theatre (premiere)
- April 3, 1998 Malgrat de Mar, Theatre from Centre Parroquial - New Music Festival
- 22 April 1998 Barcelona, Apolo Auditorium (Life is born free)
- 17 July 1998 Espluga de Francolí, Cave of Font Major - New Music Festival
- 16 August 1998 Banyoles, Swimming Club
- September 19, 1998, Vic, Casino - Festival de Música Viva de Vic
- October 23, 1998, Barcelona, Centre Artesà Tradicionarius from Gràcia
- November 27, 1998, Madrid, Círculo de Bellas Artes
- May 15, 1999, Girona, Mercè Auditorium
- August 28, 1999, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Municipal Theatre - Festival Porta Ferrada
La vida ha nascut lliure (Videoclip Hidrogen)
La vida ha nascut lliure (Live)