Show premiered on July 19, 2017 at the Teatre Lliure in Barcelona.
Oklahoma is the last edition of Gemma Beltran and Dei Furbi, a company well known for the staging of La flauta magica, a cappella version of Mozart's opera, the Max Theater Prize in 2014. They have also signed montages such as Mozart's Trilogy, where a combination of three Mozart operas was combined into one single piece (The Marriage of Figaro, Don Giovanni and Cosí fan tutte), the Cabaret Asufre, Shakespeare's Men, The Island of the Slaves, Tocata and fugue, Entertainment or Scherzo.
The Dei Furbi team continues with Oklahoma the search for poetic, lyrical and visual scenic language, with some traces of humor.
Always showing a particular interest in creative processes, based on the perspective offered by theatrical practice related to the actor's tradition as the center of dramatic action.
Dei Furbi celebrates 15 years of stage at the Grec Festival in Barcelona, where on July 14, 2002, at the Convent of Sant Agustí, he began his career with the premiere of "Scherzo".
In this show I made the arrangements for a cappella voices of the following songs:
- Flight of the Bumblebee (Rimsky-Kórsakov)
- La cucaracha (popular Mexican theme) in entertainment version and in Gregorian style version
- Piece of my heart (Jerry Ragoboy - Bert Berns in Janis Joplin version)
- Direction: Gemma Beltran
- Dramaturgy: Gemma Beltran, inspired by Kafka, Lewis Carroll, Pirandello and Calderón de la Barca
- Performers: Toni Viñals, Robert González and Anna Alborch
- Musical arrangements: Paco Viciana
- Scenic space: Ramon Ivars and Gemma Beltran
- Training / laboratory: Moreno Bernandi
- Wardrobe: Ramon Ivars and Gemma Beltran
- Lighting design: David Bofarull
- Photography: Sergi Garriga Riu
- Assistant direction: Boris Daussà
- Scenic space helper: Estanis Aboal
- Executive production: Cristina Ferrer/Marta Riera