The dreams dome
Show premiered September 10, 2004 at The Garden Theater of Figueres (Girona).
Music for the ballet with the same name, comission of group Mediterrània Dansa from Figueres in commemoration of Dali's Year 2004, around the works of the catalan painter Salvador Dalí.
The ballet makes a journey through some of the most emblematic works of the catalan paintor, such as "Eggs and bread", "Galatea from the spheres", "The persistance of memory" or the room in Dalí's Museum dedicated to Mae West among many others. Under the dome that presides Dalí's Museum it opens a world of colors, sensations and dreams which shows his work and life. Toghether we will see a small fragment of this world, at the same time we'll discover the moment in which Salvador decides live as Dalí.
The argument is based on an hipothetic dream lived by a young Dalí, where consecrated Dalí appears to him in dreams, showing him future works he is destined to create. And so the works, which will make Dalí, are danced in front of a surprised Salvador. The show ends with a kind of final surrealistic collage, in which Salvador dismisses Dalí to prepare oneself to wake up and continue enjoying his youth, knowing more clearly what he ends up being: Salvador Dalí, the paintor.
Although the original conception of the work is a ballet, it can be perfectly interpreted as a concert.
The music was recorded in the recording studio 44.1 of Aiguaviva, for use it during the tour of the show, but the first performance of the ballet was done live. The ballet was on tour through Catalonia for two long years where Esbart Mediterrània remained it in production.
The dreams dome:
- Salvador and Dalí
- Eggs and bread
- Mae West
- Gala (“Galatea from the spheres”)
- Palace of the Winds
- ”Looking through the window”
- The colors of the palette
- Soft Watches (“The Persistence of Memory”)
- Final surrealism
- Direction and choreografy: Ariadna Bassols
- Musical direction and composition: Paco Viciana
- Tenor: Jordi Molina
- Flute: Esteve Zulet
- Trombone/Flugelhorn: Jordi Giménez
- Tuba: Pep Moliner
- Drums: Cidon Trindade
- Piano: Paco Viciana
- Costume and scenography: Carles Solé and Gemma Estragués
- Lighting design: Jordi Surroca
- Audiovisual design: Jordi Rubio
- Graphic idea: Marc Corcoy
- Choreographic interpretation: Esbart Mediterrània - Mediterrània Jove
- Studio technician: Toni París
- Technical assistant: Carles Xirgo
- Recorded, mixed and masterized at 44.1 Recording Studio of Aiguaviva 2004